Thursday, October 10, 2019

Tidying up

The book by Marie Kondo “The life changing magic of tidying up” has been a sensation world wide. Especially when Netflix had the mini series with Marie.

I always loved her concept, as the way she respect life is very similar to my family’s roots and Shinto - which is one of the oldest religion in Japan. 

I’m not going to make this entry about religion,  but long story short, it is based on a concept that everything in this world lies a god. It could be a good god like sun, wind, fire. Or it could be from the dark side - like darkness, hunger, illness. Or mystical creature - I remember once my father told me, if you have a family that’s sick with high fever, you serve tofu to the “kami dana” (a house of god which is in the household of Shinto family) and a little girl will come and help you heal. She became a god when she died young wth a fever but now helps reduce the heat, but you gift tofu because that was her favourite food. So it feels more like myth in some parts. 

Going back to Marie, I love how she respects things, and also pays repeat to the house she is about to tidy. I’m not going to say “saying thank you” to clothes have helped me let go of my clothes though. 

What has changed me recently, is since myself and Sargent has brough a house, we have been slowly clearing away our belongings. Accumulation of our life and tidying up so we only take in what we love and want to keep into the new house we will be spending time together. 

In the past, I never gave a second thought about talking about my ex’s and and stuff we did and etc. But either the Sargent, it’s a little different. 

“Do I want to hide my past?”

Nope. 

“Do I regret my past?” 

Nope. Not that either. 

But I definitely feel that it is not necessarily to talk to him about my ex’s or how shit the past ex’s were. Because I feel like it doesn’t matter anymore. Because the Sargent is who I want to be with. 

It has been the thoughest time letting go of the doctor. And I felt like having a part of me torn away, every time I lost traces of him over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment